Waples Mill ES Welcome Packet
Waples Mill Elementary School
Below are forms that require parent review, completion, and signature by Thursday September 2, 2021.
- Emergency Care Form: Each year we ask for your review and update of your student’s Emergency Care Form. Please complete and return to Carla Collins (@email) for this school year.
- Health Information Form (via weCare): Each year we ask for your review and update of your student’s Health Information form. This year we are going to collect this information digitally using the weCare system.
- Digital Resources - Parental Consent: At WMES our teachers will use a variety of digital resources to support student learning and promote communication and collaboration with students and families. Some of the digital resources your child may use this year will require your consent before they can be used.
You can find our school’s list of the resources that require parental consent here: https://waplesmilles.fcps.edu/adopteddigitalresources. Included on this page is also a link to a form where the enrolling parent or guardian will need to indicate whether or not their student is allowed to use the list of digital resources this year. This page also provides more information about how FCPS carefully reviews digital resources for approval and why we must request your consent before using certain tools. We encourage you to complete the parental consent for digital resources form as soon as possible, as your child will not be able to use the digital resources until we have received your permission.
- FCPS Privacy and Opt-Out Forms: Parents have rights regarding access to records and surveys, as well as the choice to opt-out of curriculum. Further information can be found here
- Family Life Education Opt-Out Form: If you wish to opt your child out of all or some of the Family Life Education lessons, please complete this form and return it to your child’s classroom teacher prior to FLE instruction.
- Military Connected Student Form: In accordance with the Code of Virginia (22.1-287.04), local school divisions are required to identify students who have a parent in the United States uniformed services. Completing this form allows Virginia localities to maintain reliable and accurate data for potential grant funding and to receive services to meet the needs of uniformed services-connected students.
- Homeless Student Referral Form: Fairfax County Public Schools is committed to providing support for our students who are experiencing homelessness. We understand the challenges facing homeless students and have programs in place to make certain that these students have the resources necessary to obtain a successful education.
- Student Rights and Responsibilities: FCPS has an in-depth Student Rights and Responsibilities handbook for parents to review with their student(s). The Student Rights and Responsibilities document explains expectations for student behavior and adult responses to enhance school safety and to create a fair, equitable and supportive school environment. On page 3 of the SR&R Handbook, you will find the Parent Signature Sheet. This page should be signed and returned to the school no later than October 29, 2021. By signing and returning this page, you acknowledge that you have received the SR & R: A Guide for Families for 2021-22.
- Waples Mill PTA: Please consider supporting our wonderful WMES PTA!